Keen to resolve a payment issue, but not sure how to do it?
We can help.
In this one hour workshop, we can help you:
- learn how construction payment disputes are resolved,
- understand how the security of payment legislation and other dispute resolution strategies work, and
- map out a clear strategy to resolve your issue.
We will discuss your situation with you, explore the different options that are available, and then help you decide how to move forward (whether with or without our ongoing involvement). One of principal goals is to ensure that you don't 'throw good money after bad'.
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for:
- contractors facing potential (or actual) difficulties in obtaining payment from a client,
- principals facing claims from a contractor who may be claiming more than they are entitled to charge,
- project managers advising principals caught in a difficult contract situation,
- lawyers in need of support from a specialist construction lawyer, and
- accountants with a client facing a difficult payment issue.
Who runs the workshop?
One of our senior construction lawyers (Morgan McIntosh or Greg Henry, pictured below) will conduct the session.
Greg and Morgan have experience across:
- all of the most commonly used forms of construction contract (eg Australian Standards, Government contracts and many bespoke forms of contract), as well as many of the subcontracts used by large head contractors,
- all types of dispute resolution processes, including security of payment, mediation, arbitration, litigation, expert determination (binding and non-binding), and
- a range of different types of payment disputes, including disputes arising from delays, latent conditions, variations and disputes around defect rectification.
What type of projects do we advise on?
This workshop is only for commercial projects (including civil, industrial, infrastructure and other non-residential projects).
We do not provide advice on residential construction projects.
This is a 1 hour workshop, conducted in person at our Sydney office or via video-conference (Zoom), with a senior commercial lawyer.
The price of the workshop is $875+GST.
Workshops can usually be accommodated within 3-5 business days of receiving your request.
The workshop format is highly informal, and extremely flexible. Despite the depth of their expertise, you will find our lawyers to be very approachable, down-to-earth people who are keen to find a practical solution to whatever issue you might be facing.
Call our Client Relations Manager, Karlie Gilbert, on 02 9229 2908 to book your workshop, or fill in the form on this page. If you complete the form on this page, we will contact you shortly to learn more about your situation and book in a time to meet with you.
We look forward to hearing from you!