Learn how to reduce the risk of an investment in a private company
Although it is impossible to eliminate all of the risks of a private company investment, there are a number of ways you can reduce your risk if things don't quite go to plan.
The purpose of this workshop is to help you understand the key legal protections that are available to investors like you, so that you can take steps to protect your position.
This workshop can be a great way for you to evaluate a terms sheet, subscription agreement or shareholders agreement, or to learn about the legal protections that are commonly sought by private company investors.
In this workshop we can explore investment vehicles, asset protection strategies, investment structures (from convertible notes, options, shares and other instruments), stakeholder management issues, corporate governance, legal documents, compliance steps and more. The content of the session will depend on your circumstances, the nature of your investment and the risks that might arise.
This workshop is also a great way to see how we work, without having to worry about the cost.
About this workshop
This is a 1 hour workshop, conducted in person in our Sydney office (subject to COVID restrictions) or via video-conference (Zoom), with Greg Henry, one of our senior commercial lawyers.
For over 15 years, Greg has advised a range of private company investors, mostly in the construction and technology industries.
During the workshop:
- we will ask questions so that we understand your situation and the key legal issues that might arise,
- we will provide insights and suggestions so that you can have a better understanding of how you can protect your position,
- you will ask questions and have the opportunity to ‘pick the brains’ of a highly experienced commercial lawyer (whether in relation to specific documents you might have been given, or more generally); and
- we will help you map out a pathway for putting the necessary protections in place.
The price of the workshop is $875+GST.
Workshops can usually be accommodated within 3-5 business days of receiving your request.
The workshop format is highly informal, and extremely flexible. Our lawyers are very approachable, down-to-earth people.
There is no limit to the number or types of question you can ask. It is not uncommon for the conversation to focus on things that hadn't even been considered before the start of the session.
What's in it for you?
By the end of the workshop, you will have a clear picture of:
- the key legal issues faced by investors in private companies,
- legal protections that are commonly sought by private company investors, and
- the next steps you could take, to safeguard your investment.
Written advice is not included as part of this offer, but can be purchased separately.
What happens after you complete the form?
Once you have submitted your request for a workshop, we will call you to:
- learn more about you and your requirements, and
- seek to set up a time.
If you have any questions or reservations before booking a workshop, please do not hesitate to contact our Client Relations Manager, Karlie Gilbert, on (02) 9229 2908.