Opportunities like this don't come up very often.
- Front-end construction role (4-7yrs PQE) based in Sydney
- Small, highly motivated, close-knit team
- Opportunity for career progression and a life outside of work
This is a rare opportunity to set yourself up for the long term in a highly regarded boutique construction practice.
Great work, fantastic team, decent hours
We're looking to expand our team by adding an additional front-end construction lawyer.
The work will mainly involve drafting, reviewing, negotiating and amending commercial construction contracts. There will also be opportunities to present training, help develop and implement risk management systems, and perform a broader range of work than providing traditional 'front end' advice.
Although there is a mix, the majority of the work is contractor-side (and specifically, for head contractors). Most of the projects we advise on are in the range of about $10-40m.
Who this is for
This opportunity is for someone looking to build a long term career in a high performing team, without burning themselves out in the process.
The work is challenging, but in the right kind of way.
In terms of technical skills, we will expect that you will be comfortable working with a variety of different procurement models, and that you will be very familiar with the most commonly used forms of contract (particularly the main Australian Standards).
Whilst we don't expect you to know everything, we do expect that you will be intrinsically motivated to always learn more, and that you will be open to new and different ways of thinking. Your mindset will need to be outcome-focused.
How this will be different
This role won't be like your current one, in that:
- you will have plenty of support from the firm's senior lawyers, who will take an active interest in your development;
- we look at things with a long term perspective. For instance, we don't work extreme hours because we know it's not sustainable, and we provide flexibility to our staff wherever and however we can;
- we have a very clear strategic direction, and we're following a plan that's already working.
We're a small, very focused team that enjoys working together. This is a new role that has been created in response to continuing growth in our practice.
In short, this is a fantastic opportunity if you're interested in setting yourself up in construction law for the long haul.
If you'd like to learn more, please send us your details and we'll be in touch. Alternatively, if you would like to speak to one of our lawyers to hear more about the role and/or the firm, please contact Karlie Gilbert on 02 9229 2922 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.