Looking to bring a new shareholder into your company?
This workshop is for business owners who are looking to bring on a new shareholder - whether through a capital raising, a share sale, an employee share scheme, as part of a succession plan, or otherwise.
The purpose of this workshop is to help you understand the legal issues involved in bringing on a new shareholder, both in terms of legal compliance (including disclosure requirements) and broader commercial considerations.
In this workshop, you will learn more about:
- disclosure and other compliance requirements,
- different transaction structures and broader tax considerations,
- the typical contents of terms sheets, subscription agreements and/or share sale agreements, and
- shareholders agreements.
The aim of the workshop is to help you understand the process for bringing on a new shareholder, and the key legal protections you will need to protect your position.
The content of the session will depend on your circumstances, including the nature of your business and the specific transaction you have in mind.
This workshop is also a great way to see how we work, without having to worry about the cost.
About this workshop
This is a 1 hour workshop, conducted in person in our Sydney office (subject to COVID restrictions) or via video-conference (Zoom), with Greg Henry, one of our senior commercial lawyers.
For over 15 years, Greg has helped a range of business owners bring on new shareholders, through a range of different transaction structures.
During the workshop:
- we will ask questions so that we understand your situation and the key legal issues that might arise,
- we will provide insights and suggestions so that you can have a better understanding of how you can protect your position,
- you will ask questions and have the opportunity to ‘pick the brains’ of a highly experienced commercial lawyer (whether in relation to specific documents you might have prepared, or more generally); and
- we will help you map out a pathway for putting the necessary protections in place.
The price of the workshop is $875+GST.
Workshops can usually be accommodated within 3-5 business days of receiving your request.
The workshop format is highly informal, and extremely flexible. Our lawyers are very approachable, down-to-earth people.
There is no limit to the number or types of question you can ask. It is not uncommon for the conversation to focus on things that hadn't even been considered before the start of the session.
What's in it for you?
By the end of the workshop, you will have a clear picture of:
- the key legal and commercial issues faced by companies who are looking to bring on a new shareholder,
- legal protections that are commonly put in place by existing shareholders to protect their position, and
- the next steps you could take, to protect your position and satisfy all compliance requirements.
Written advice is not included as part of this offer, but can be purchased separately.
What happens after you complete the form?
Once you have submitted your request for a workshop, we will call you to:
- learn more about you and your requirements, and
- seek to set up a time.
If you have any questions or reservations before booking a workshop, please do not hesitate to contact our Client Relations Manager, Karlie Gilbert, on (02) 9229 2908.